2019 Eligibility Requirements
At the time of an employment offer, candidates to the Ontario Internship Program (OIP) must satisfy the following requirements:
- You have graduated or will complete the requirements to graduate between May 2017 and June 2019 from a recognized or legally authorized college* or university* with:
- You are legally entitled to work in Canada
- You are not currently an OIP intern and have not been an OIP intern in the past.
*A list of recognized schools and programs in Canada can be found on the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials website. If your eligibility is based on a credential obtained outside of Canada, you will need to provide the OIP with an assessment of that credential showing that it is the equivalent of an eligible Canadian credential. If you require an assessment of your credential, the OIP will accept credential assessments from any member of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC). It is your responsibility to provide the OIP with this assessment.
**In order to be eligible for the Ontario Internship Program, your educational credential must be obtained from a recognized or legally authorized post-secondary institution and meet the definitions listed below. If you are unsure if your credential qualifies, please contact your educational institution to determine the type of credential assigned to your program.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree: Honors
- Master’s Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Ontario College Diploma or the equivalent credential from another jurisdiction
- Ontario College Advanced Diploma or the equivalent credential from another jurisdiction
Post-Graduate Certificates include:
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate or the equivalent credential from another jurisdiction
Failure to meet program eligibility requirements, as noted above, will result in disqualification and/or rescinding of a conditional job offer.
At the time of an employment offer, candidates will be asked to provide information confirming their entitlement to work in Canada (i.e., proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency in Canada or work permit, issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)).
Before an internship begins, all educational requirements related to the degree, diploma or post-graduate certificate that establishes program eligibility must be completed. Proof of academic credentials will be required before the internship begins.